Friday, July 9, 2010

Lebanon Valley Speedway 7.3.2010

When I was a kid, sometimes when we visited my Mom's home town and begged a lot, we were allowed to go to the races with my uncles and cousins. My sister and I loved it, but my parents didn't - probably because of the dirt. Lebanon Valley is a dirt track north of Albany near the Berkshires. Over the holiday weekend, I went up to visit family, and everyone was going to the races. When we were sitting around Saturday afternoon, my uncle mentioned something about not being able to take one of my cousin's sons into the pit because he wasn't old enough. I asked if I could take his place; my uncle said yes, but you have to stay in the pit all night. Not a problem.

I took over 350 shots; I managed to edit them down to these 25 general shots. I have a few more that will end up in another post.





















My cousin waving the checkered flag at the end of the main event:


End of the night.
More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment